With the expansion of the market opportunities after 2010, the requirement for prestigious Swiss branded watches have increased in proportion to standard of living of the middle and elite economic class. With the trust and confidence that the market has placed on Wimaladharma & Sons there is demand for more Swiss prestigious branded watches from our venture.
Wimaladharma & Sons as aforesaid is one of the oldest and most reliable watch shops in Sri Lanka, which has been dealing with the most reliable Japanese brands like Seiko, Citizen and Casio in the early stages. Thereafter, Wimaladharma & Sons started evolving to the new era of watch industry along with the infra structure development of the country during the postcivil war period of Sri Lanka.
Wimaladharma & sons started expanding the retail brands from 10 brands to 35 watch brands which is the highest by any retailer in Sri Lanka and thus, Wimaladharma & Sons moved its focus to Swiss and designer brands and has earned a name as Sri Lanka’s one stop watch station with the largest watch experience center in the heart of Colombo.
As per the latest initiative Wimaladharma & Sons is moving towards the addition of Luxury Swiss brands to their portfolio and is making plans to have a dedicated section for Luxury Swiss watches
- Founder - Late Mr.Sirisena Wimaladharma
The Management and also partners act closely with the sales team in order to access the end customer requirement and to take proactive decisions with regard to necessary development.
- 1939 – Inception of the business by late Sirisena Wimaladharma.
- 1952 – Starting the manufacture of watches and clocks along with radios.
- 1979 – Opening of the outlet at Colombo 10.
- 1996 – Opening of new outlet at Kadawatha.
- 1999 – Opening of new outlet at Kiribathgoda.
- 2001 – Reaching up to 50 trusted dealers island wide.
- 2003 – Moving on to Swiss and designer brands from Japanese brands such as Seiko and Casio.
- 2010 – Re-modelling of Wimaladharma & Sons logo and marketing paraphernalia.
- 2014 – Opening of new outlet at Liberty Plaza – Colombo 03.
- 2017 – Opening of new outlet in Pelawatta – with the concept, “All brands under one roof”
- 2018 – Opening of new outlet in Colombo 5 with the concept, “All brands under one roof”
- 2019 – Opening of new outlet in One Galleface – Shangri-La Mall